Free French Lifestyle Corner
We are passionate about sharing the French lifestyle and culture. Access helpful RESOURCES.
Contact us if you would like to organise a cultural presentation or event.
- Autumn French Apéro on the 12th of April – 5:30-7:00pm – Enjoy a French tradition in a convivial French provincial style environment. French wines appreciation paired with French canapés, savory and sweet verrines, on Friday 12th of April 2019 at Le Manoir in Carramar (6031). Cost: $45/person; $20/child. Tickets include nibbles, two drinks and music. Family friendly. Information and bookings: email@example.com
- French Cooking workshops http://www.frenchtopics.com.au/french-classes-perth/french-cooking-workshop
- Coffee chit chat / Café et papoter – Enjoy bilingual conversation with Francophones and Francophiles in a French style environment. Coffee and tea served with home-made cakes. Every last Sunday of the month from 10 am – Register here http://www.frenchtopics.com.au/sign-up/contact-us/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
24/02 – Bilingualism
31/03 – Cultural and linguistic diversity
26/05 – Mother’s Day in France
30/06 – Summer holidays in France
28/07 – Language week
25/08 – Back to school in France
27/10 – La Toussaint, All Saints
24/11 – Grapes picking season in France
- Food and eating habits Presentation – 5/09 French people spend at least two hours a day eating! Their relationship to food appears somehow sensual and hedonistic. What do they actually eat? Let’s discover French eating rituals and how they reveal French society. Join popular presenter Laurence Kuntz for an entertaining evening on 5th of September 2018 at 6pm at Duncraig Library. Presentation available on demand email@example.com. Please note: the presentation will run for approximately one hour, followed by refreshments.
- French Stereotypes – True or False? – 4/04 French people never speak English, eat frogs and wear berets while riding bicycles with baskets full of baguettes, right? Let’s investigate how the reality is far more interesting than stereotypes, Live and Learn Session Whitford Library, 4/04/2018 at 6pm.
- Christmas in July, Friday 27th of July, from 6 pm Let’s celebrate Winter by the fire with traditional French three course menu on Friday 27th of July at Le Manoir. Costs: $50/person. Tickets include welcoming drink, with a glass of wine. BYO event. Kids friendly.
- Bastille Day Dinner Dance, Saturday 14th of July, from 7 pm
Let’s celebrate the French National Day on Saturday 14th of July at Le Manoir. Costs: $60/person.
Tickets include welcoming drink and canapés on arrival, 3 course French menu with a glass of wine, quiz and dance. Evening attire / BYO event. For more information and bookings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips and News
Savoury ‘Cookies jambon-fromage’. Recipe
Delicious ‘Bouchées à la cerise’. Recipe
Classic French ‘Madeleines’. Recipe
Famous French ‘Crêpes’. Recipe
So delicious ‘Cake au chocolat’. Recipe
‘Quiche lorraine’ without dough. Recipe
Quick and easy ‘Rochers coco’. Recipe
An other way to make ‘Croque-monsieur’. Recipe
Delicious ‘Tartes salées et sucrées’. Recipe
Easy ‘Petits sablés’. Recipe
Greedy pleasure of ‘Cake aux pépites de chocolat’. Recipe
Culinary delights of New Caledonia. Recipe
Healthy and funny ‘Hummus de petits pois’. Recipe
Celebrate Easter with ‘Nids de Pâques en chocolat’. Recipe
So easy and delicious ‘Palets au chocolat’. Recipe
Make your own ketchup. Recipe
Enjoy cooking a delicious ‘Fondant au chocolat’. Recipe
Would you like a ‘Sandwich Parisien’? Recipe
Delicious savoury and sweet cakes. Recipe
Boost your brain with a Cherry tomatoes Clafoutis. Recipe
Have a go at the Alphabet with French Topics & Co_2016
Get your Numbers with French Topics & Co_2016
Did you know?
Learning a second language makes you smarter Learn French!
There are over 200 million French speakers in the world.
39 countries have French as an official language. 87 international organisations have French as an official language.
According to the 2011 census, Western Australia has 2,792 France-born people